Friday, June 29, 2012

A little girl from my church just turned 11 and I made this card for her.  
The awning is done with little pieces of paper that I cut and glued on top.  I added some little cut-out cupcakes that were from a clear-stamp set from Michaels Craft Store.  Unfortunately I don't keep the names of everything as I don't have room to store all the extra pieces of paper - I have a very small stamp room and it is pretty packed in!  I am blessed, though, to have just enough room for two people to make cards, which is nice!  I have a box that I store my clear stamps in and it's almost full now too.  Oh what to do!
I added another piece of paper at the bottom which I trimmed with my edge trimmer.  I believe the trimmer is made by EK Success.  It doesn't actually have a name on it, but it looks like all the other EK Success trimmers I have.
The "Happy Birthday Hailey!" was done in my Printshop 6.0 card program and the font is LuvCountryArt.  After cutting the piece of paper for the saying I ran it through my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Folder and colored each dot pink.
As a last thought, I added some little purple dots behind the cupcakes and a little purple ribbon to the bottom of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment