Tuesday, November 19, 2013

ACRYLIC BLOCK STAMPING:

This is a new background technique I decided to try.  You ink up your different shaped acrylic blocks with Distress Ink and use them as a stamp on photo paper.  Then I added some stamps and clouds to the card.  I've been having fun with this technique.  

One thing to remember when stamping on photo paper though:
DO NOT USE ACRYLIC STAMPS ON PHOTO PAPER. 

 I read this somewhere and they really didn't say why, but until I read about it more, or find out otherwise, I'll take their advice.  There must be a reason for it...I'm thinking maybe something to do with the polymer in the stamp reacting with the chemicals on the photo paper?  If anyone knows, please let me know.

The large dragon fly is called "Whimsical Dragonfly #A2379E" and is made by Rubber Stampede.

The smaller dragonfly is called "Dragonfly Border" and is made by Katie & Co.  There are actually 3 of them on the stamp, but I cut one off and I can use it as a single stamp, or attach it back on and use it as a border.

No comments:

Post a Comment