Wednesday, September 18, 2013

UPSIDE DOWN STAMPING:

This is an interesting technique I saw online some time ago and thought I'd try it.  I don't remember what it's called, so I call it Upside-Down Stamping: You start with one of your clear acrylic stamps.  I used a leaf stamp.  First of all you place your stamp on your acrylic block upside down.  Yes, upside down!  I had a hard time getting the stamp to stick on the wrong side, so I added a small piece of double sided tape to the acrylic block and that worked.  Ink up the wrong side of the stamp and this will give you a solid image of the shape of the back of the stamp.  Stamp it in different areas on your card with whatever color ink you like.  I used tan, orange, and green.  Then turn the stamp right side up and stamp the actual shape over the images you just stamped.  On this card I chose to stamp the leaf shape with black.  You can use any colors you like.  You just have to make sure your actual image is stamped with a darker coordinating color than the solid image is.  I also added  some smaller leaf images to fill in the blank spaces and also used a dot stamp in orange to fill in the rest of the blank areas.  On the top of the card I added a die cut butterfly and some bling on the butterfly.  On the white card behind the butterfly I just added some little dots in tan to take away the stark look of the white card.  I am sorry I don't remember where I saw this technique.  I would love to give the credit to the person who thought of it, but I am online a LOT looking for ideas/techniques and weeks/months later I remember something I saw and then sit down and make a card from what I remembered.  This was a fun background to make and I suppose you could try it with other shapes such as flowers as well.  Let your imagination go wild and enjoy!!!

I just figured out the website where I found this technique and it's:
www.janesdoodles.blogspot.com



Here's a sample of what I'm talking about:


Here's another card I made using the same technique.  It's pretty much done the same way as the first one except I used three leaf stamps on this one.

4 comments:

  1. This is great! I can't wait to try it! Cute cards too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY Stephanie...It was really fun and I love the way it turned out. TY for stopping by! :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for sharing such a simple but unique technique. I'll have to try it.

      Delete