Thursday, May 10, 2012

Well, I had a dilemma!  I purchased this Fanciful Flourish die from Cheery Lynn Designs and I could not get it to cut  through the center of the die.  I called Cheery Lynn Designs and they actually sent me another die and still the same problem.  I LOVE this die and I was so disappointed.  I have the Spellbinders Wizard and I suspect that is the problem.  I added 'shims' and did everything I could think of to get it to cut to no avail!  A friend of mine has the new Spellbinders Grand Calibur and I'm anxious to see if it will cut on that machine - I'm assuming it probably will.  Well, they say, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!"....








WALLA!!!  I decided to try and do SOMETHING with that silly die!  I LOVE IT!  Mistakes can become masterpieces!















Happy Birthday Shirley!
This is a birthday card I recently gave to a friend of mine and I told her that originally this was a mistake!  She said, "I wouldn't call THIS a mistake!"  She loved it! 
In this card I made the flowers out of light-weight vellum paper and ran them through Cuddlebug's Swiss Dots embossing  folder.

Note: The bling in the center of each flower.  These were plain/clear and I colored them with alcohol ink.  So much cheaper to purchase non-colored bling and color it yourself!








Another rectified 'mistake' done with purple background paper.  

No comments:

Post a Comment