Friday, April 16, 2010

~Glass Paint~

Another really fun technique I like is painting my images with glass paint. You can purchase it at Michaels and many other craft stores. It's hard to see here, but the glass paint adds a little bit of height and a glass-like shine to your image. On this card I only added the glass paint to the apples to add a little interest on the card...the leaves and stems are colored with markers. Oh, and you do want to stamp your image first with pigment ink and emboss it before applying the glass paint as the embossed edges tend to hold the glass paint where it belongs. And, another nice thing about glass paint is that it cleans up with water.
Again, I don't know who makes this stamp as it belongs to a friend of mine. I layered the image and added a little Swiss dot ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment