Friday, April 16, 2010

~Scrap Layering~

I have not used any stamps on this card. The bear image was taken from a greeting card that was given to me and I recycled it! I've done that with a few of my cards. I think it's a good idea. If you're not going to keep certain cards that you've received from people (or if you have cards you've purchased, but probably won't use), recycle them rather than throw them away.
Around the outside edge is a technique I made up that I call "Scrap Layering". I actually take scraps of background paper, cut them different sizes, and glue them randomly around the outside edges of the card. You want to have your image already colored before choosing the background paper scraps, as you want to match the colors in your image with the colors around the edge. Or you can choose your background paper first and then color your image matching the colors in the background paper.
The same background paper is used in the layering of the bear image.
On some of my cards I've used this technique and have also used two or more different kinds of background paper around the edge, and then I've also stamped images on them. You'll see what I mean in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment